This month VMware released the following five flings:
- Horizon DaaS Migration Tool
- True SSO Diagnostic Utility
- Cross vCenter Workload Migration Utility
- vRealize Operations REST Notifications Helper
- vSphere HTML5 Web Client
Below is overview of the changes and fixes in this month’s five updated flings.
Horizon DaaS Migration Tool
- Added functionality for VMware tool upgrade;
- Added progress statistics;
- Added support for 32 bit VM;
- Added support for Windows 10, 7 and 8;
- Added resoulution for blank screen;
- Added logging enhancements.
True SSO Diagnostic Utility
- Updated to support VMware Horizon 7.4 and later
- Added LogonTest method; Performs basic validation of generated certificates
- Display expiry time for Enrollment and CA certificates
- Display additional information of generated certificates
Cross vCenter Workload Migration Utility
Version 2.3, October 18, 2018
- Added support for migration within a single vCenter server
vRealize Operations REST Notifications Helper
- Added “recommendations” value to the final payload
- All recommendations of the alert are added to the payload as a single string, separated with “\n”.
vSphere HTML5 Web Client:
Fling 3.42 – Build 10321112
- Dark theme mode for vSphere Client
- Go to User menu and click on Switch theme to switch over to Dark theme mode of vSphere Client
- vCenter Authentication Proxy UI is added to vCenter -> Configure -> Authentication Proxy
- System configuration displays the summary of vCenter (multiple vCenters in case of linked mode) and PSC node (in case of external PSC) and also show them as links. Clicking on these links will open the VAMI UI for these nodes.
- Update content library item
- Clone vApp to a vApp template in content library
- New vApp from a vApp template in content library
If there are multiple vCenter servers in vSphere Client connected using linked mode, then certain operations like Deploy OVF across different vCenters will result in a certificate warning asking users to open the vSphere Client for the different vCenter than the one you are using. This warning dialog is updated to give the URL of the vCenter server as a link (Refer this reddit post for reported issue)
Performance fix for loading actions menu when fling appliance is pointed to a 6.5 vCenter with external PSC
Dark theme might not render well for certain areas of the client. One such known area is for any VMware or partner plugins which are already ported over to HTML5 client. Give us feedback using feedback tool if you notice any areas which does not render well in dark mode.