VMware updated in August 4 flings:
- DRS Entitlement Viewer
- Horizon Helpdesk Utility
- vSphere HTML5 Web Client
- DoD Security Technical Implementation Guide
DRS Entitlement Viewer
- Fixed bugs reported in v1.0.2
- Added support to provide feedback
Horizon Helpdesk Utility
- Added better logging for troubleshooting
- Added support for newer Helpdesk features:
- Client version
- Idle time etc.
- Bug fixes for licensing checks in 7.2 version of horizon
- Fixed a timing issue in the graphs causing a closing issue
- Increased pod searching by 30 seconds to 2 seconds fixed indentation issues in config files
vSphere HTML5 Web Client
Fling 3.41 – Build 9687895
- Code capture: record interaction performed in the current session against the vCenter API, and generate an equivalent script.
- To start recording, click “Start recording” on the “Code Capture” page, or the record button in the header.
- Subsequent operations done in this session will be recorded. To stop recording, click the Stop button, and the recorded operations will be generated as a script. PowerCLI is the only supported language for the moment.
- To disable code capture for all users, append the line “codecapture.disabled=true” to /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vsphere-client/webclient.properties on the fling appliance and restart the vSphere Client server from FAMI UI
- If you have registered the fling appliance to a vCenter which is in an enhanced linked mode configuration with an external PSC and is on version 6.5, there is a known issue around the slow performance of dialogs via action menu. Refer this bug for the workaround – #268. We are working on fixing this.
DoD Security Technical Implementation Guide
Update August 2018
- Updated 6.5 STIG VIB to resolve issue with it not being applicable to 6.7 in VUM.
- Also updated package to replace 6.0 version and root disabled or root enabled for the same version if you are switching between them.