Welcome to VMware Horizon Toolbox 7.2!
VMware Horizon Toolbox 7.2 is a Web portal that acts as an extension to View Administrator in VMware Horizon™ 6 or above.
Read new Horizon Toolbox 2.0 Guide, 2.0 White paper, and this new blog Discover What’s New with VMware Horizon 6 Toolbox 2.0.
- Sessions: Shows historical concurrent session trend for last 2 days, last week and last month. Shows current virtual desktop connections by desktop pools, and shows virtual application connections by RDS (Remote Desktop Service) Farms.
- Usage: Shows accumulated use time of users for last 2 days, last week and last month. Shows all connections (user name, pool/farm name, machine name, connection time, disconnection time) for the past 2 days, last week, and last month.
- Snapshots: Shows parent virtual machines of linked clone desktop pools and descendant snapshots in a tree view. The snapshots not in use by linked clone pools are marked in grey, so that the View administrator can remove the snapshots not in use.
- Clients: Shows statistics for operation systems and versions of View clients in different types of view styles. Show View clients IP addresses.
- End users’ actions: show agent-side users’ actions about USB storage, Client Drive Redirection and Clipboard.
Console Access Console Access lists all VMs for desktop pools, and you can filter VMs by VM name or DNS name. Clicking the VM name, the vSphere console for that VM will pop out.
Power Policy lists all desktop pools and their power policies. Power Policy can power on all VMs in a desktop pool with some schedule, like 8:00 AM on all work days. You can setup power policy for each desktop pool.
System Requirements for Horizon View Connection Server
- Horizon 6.0 or above
If you want to use the “Sessions” or “Usage” functions, you must configure an event database from View Administrator.
System Requirements for Guest Operation Systems
If you want to use the “remote assistance” or “device access policy” functions, your guest operation system must have Microsoft .net framework 2.0 or above. For Windows 7 or Windows 8, they include .net framework as an OS component by default.
2017-Aug-31 Horizon Toolbox 7.2.1
- Auditing – Export CSV failed
- Console Access – Some vCenter versions were not supported. Now, almost all vCenter versions after 5.5 are supported.
- Console Access – “Parent VMs” show all VMs. Now only the VMs which are (or ready to be) parent VMs are shown.
- Installation sometimes failed due to Tomcat error. Now, the installation should be successful every time if the Connection Server is good.
- Console Access – “Problem VMs” show the VMs with View Agent, but in abnormal status like “error”, “unavailable” or others.
The following features are added back since some customers strongly require these features, but they are marked as “deprecated”, since we suggest using the production features in Horizon or VIDM.
- Management- Remote Assistance
- Management- Device Access Filter