Last Friday, 15th of december, VMware released three new flings.
VMWARE ENDPOINT OPERATIONS AGENT UPGRADE KIT
This Fling allows you to easily upgrade your Endpoint Operations (EPO) agents registered to vRealize Operations Manager (vR Ops). It works with 32/64 bit agents running on Linux and Windows. For this Fling to update the agents, the agents need to be in the “Collecting” collection state and have the version numbers of 6.2.1 or 6.3. The way this Fling works is that it uses the internal vR Ops APIs to get a full list of all installed agents and are in the “Collecting” collection state. It then upgrades those agents asynchronously. The main advantage of using this Fling is that because the process is automated, you can easily update all the agents you have running with one command.
View Client Resizer
The View Client Resizer is a utility that resizes VMware Horizon Client for Windows desktop to a specific resolution.
- Polls and displays all active View Client sessions
- Pick from a pre-set list of common resolutions, or enter an arbitrary resolution
- Works on any version of Windows
- Remembers previously set resolution
vSphere Content Library Assistant
vSphere Content Library is a feature that was introduced with vSphere 6.0. It provides a simple and effective way of managing content, such as VM templates, vApps, ISO images, and others files. Content Library can also distribute this content across sites and vCenter Servers.
Let us introduce vSphere Content Library Assistant. The Assistant will help you easily on-board your VC templates (.vmtx) on to Content Library.
The Assistant will perform the following steps automatically:
- Scan datastores to discover VC templates
- Recommend optimal inventorying intelligently
- Create content library(s)
- Convert VC templates into OVFs
- Import these OVF Templates into the newly created content library
More information about flings and also the download page of the flings can be found here